All DSC funds must be requested as reimbursement through check requests.
- Separate requests should be filed for each payee. Any individual or organization may be the payee on a check request. For students, a Banner ID must be included on the request; for other recipients, please provide a Social Security Number or FEIN (where applicable).
- Only authorized students may sign check requests on behalf of the DSC. This includes Program Representatives, Chartered Organization leaders, and grant recipients. All requests made by faculty and administrators will be denied.
- Original receipts must be submitted to the DSC with every request. E-receipts are acceptable as long as they are original; scanned images of hard copy receipts are not acceptable. All receipts must be in English and must equal or exceed the amount requested. Receipts must be pasted/taped flat to only one side of a 8 1/2″ x 11″ sheet of paper with the submission number contained in the email confirmation of your request. No staples, please!
- Receipts cannot be used more than once, so students should plan purchases carefully.
- If you require reimbursement for petty cash or honoraria please submit the appropriate form and include the amount in your total request.
- If you require reimbursement for services rendered, please attach an invoice stating the name, address, and SSN/FEIN of the provider, days/duration of service, service(s) provided, hourly rate (if applicable), and the total cost and include the amount in your total request.
- Requests can take up to 10–14 days to process.
- All requests must be submitted by the end of the spring semester, which is defined by DSC Bylaw 1.2 as 10 business days following the last day of classes as set by the Graduate Center academic calendar.
- If you have any questions about check requests, please contact the Co-Chair for Business.
Students are encouraged to submit check requests online at DSC Works, which will allow status tracking of each request and automatically send confirmation emails when requests are received and completed. To submit an online request
- Login or register for an account using your full name and Banner ID. This will be used as a digital signature under the terms of Bylaw #17. If you have already created an account but can’t remember your login information, you can request a new password.
- Once you are logged in, you will see a “Submit a request” menu area appear on the top left, which you can use to create a new Check Request.
- Submit receipts to Room 5495. You will receive an email with a form for submitting these receipts once you submit your request. You may also paste receipts to a plain sheet of letter-sized paper.